Inline SQL Commands
When connecting to the database, Heimdall exposes a few commands that are handled directly by Heimdall vs. by the database.
The key use cases for Heimdall database proxy include:
- show databases
- show schemas
- show tables
- show users
- show connections
- show pools
- show keymap: displays the keymap used for tracking external caches
- show querytracker
: displays relevant tracking information for queries tracked in Heimdall, table and count are optional.
- show queryinfo: Displays attributes associated with the previous query.
- drop connection: When in proxy mode, force the connection to drop--useful for using test tools that don't close connections on their own.
- set querytimeout: Sets the number of seconds the driver will wait for a Statement object to execute to the given number of seconds. If the limit is exceeded, an SQLException is thrown.
- set cachepool: Adds a value to the cache key to provide unique cache "pools" depending on external factors, unobserved by Heimdall